Singapore KOPITIAM


The coffee aroma welcomed me as I started my first day in this lovely city in Singapore

________________________________________________________________



My sister preparing for work starts her morning ritual and part of which is savoring her cup of coffee. She has been bringing the Famous “Old Town Coffee” every time she comes home in Cebu and we all love it. 

Since then I have been longing to taste the Real Coffee the authentic Singapore Caffeine blend. I am officially a coffee aficionado delighted in the consumption of around 3 cups of a strong blend of coffee in a day.

There are numerous existing specialty coffee shops around the city, but since I only have a limited budget for my whole stay I had to let go of them in my memory. The best part is I get to taste and relish the native choice. As my sister said I should not miss out on the famous Singapore Kopitiams.

For my first day we were strolling in in Bugis area and I got acquainted with Singapore Hawkers of which I have tasted Coffee served in a Kopitiam.

Kopitiams in Singapore are customary shops or stalls located in hawkers, malls, restaurants, serving breakfast goods from toast, eggs, and beverages including beer, tea, soft drinks, and a variety of coffee servings. It caters to your personal coffee favorite if you wanted it sweetened or not, served with evaporated or condensed milk, or simply brewed. A mixture of options makes it unique and how it is being prepared is the finest genuine part. My personal favorite is “kopi 'c'” – hot coffee served with sweetened evaporated milk.

My mornings have been a great sighting simply seeing locals start their day, some reading newspapers, others just drop by for a quick breakfast but all of them completing their morning habit grabbing the best coffee in town. 

Many have been enjoying staying in luxurious hotels, exploring theme parks and leisure centers or spending the night enjoying music and the club scene but in my 29 days of holiday in SG,  I cherish every coffee talks with a good company. 

Sitting down in hawker benches, enjoying dishes served, savoring my cup of coffee together with an authentic sighting brings the biggest smile in my holiday trails. 

This by far is my perfect holiday experience – my KOPITIAM moments.



Le Café at Bugis




                   Toast Box



Pasir Ris Park Coffee Shop























Singapore Starbucks














My apologies for not being able to share actual pictures of my stories within hawker station, since the majority of the pictures taken with my iPhone got deleted, the ones remaining are those synced in my iPad. Saddest experience on my Singapore holiday.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 





Comments