How to Apply for an Australian Tourist Visa





Application for an Australian Visitor Visa 
Subclass 600 for Filipinos

It’s been quite a long time that I haven’t traveled far from my home country and I knew there must be something in store for me soon.

Early this year my parents have planned for another vacation abroad and I am one lucky daughter to be able to accompany them on this trip. With another airline promotion from Cebu Pacific Air, we have booked our tickets for a flight going to Sydney

Finally, we are traveling to AUSTRALIA


I am meekly creating this entry to share with others how we did it without paying for an agency and got our Visas approved in just 6 days. 

The Australian Immigration procedure is quite straightforward and currently, they have now allowed online application - good news for all Filipinos. Read more about Online Lodgement > > >

As for us, we opted to submit via VFS Global, a visa center that provides assistance for a paper application.




OPTIONS FOR AUSTRALIAN VISA APPLICATION LODGEMENT



I had my own share of doing research and inquiries and I am happy to collate everything that I did in this one article. Please take note that each applicant will have different situations and circumstances so this post may not be applicable to everyone but hopefully may guide you somehow as you go through the same application process. 

For this trip, I am traveling as unemployed managing a Bed and Breakfast property owned by my sibling. Together with me in this lodgement are my parents and my aunt, all senior citizens. We hold a Philippine passport and applied for this Visa while in the Cebu, Philippines. All of us have also traveled overseas for the past years.


Form Header


VISITOR VISA SUBCLASS 600
TOURIST STREAM
VISA APPLICATION TIMELINE

March 31, 2017
Visa Lodgement via VFS Global
April 3, 2017
Email Notification - Visa application received by Australian Embassy Manila
April 8, 2017
Visa Grant Notice for myself and my parents. 
April 18, 2017
Completed Health Clearance Exam and Purchase Insurance for my Aunt
April 24, 2017
Visa Grant Notice for my Aunt 


Note: My aunt got a pending approval with requirements for Health clearance & Insurance Coverage as she is now 75 years old.

NATIONWIDE HEALTH SYSTEMS CEBU INC.
G/F Gillamac’s Building
169 Sanciangko Cebu City 6000

Insurance Coverage:
PACIFIC CROSS (Formerly Blue Cross)
We have purchased insurance coverage for 3 months for my Aunt as per requirement from the embassy. This is our own preference and immigration doesn't give any listing. 
Read for more information > > >





STEPS in APPLYING FOR AN AUSTRALIAN VISITOR VISA
WHILE in the PHILIPPINES via PAPER LODGMENT with VFS GLOBAL

1|  Read the Australian Immigration Site for VISITOR VISA (Subclass 600) Tourist Stream


Please Visit the Official Site of Australian Immigration
  • Download Form 1419
  • Be guided by the CHECKLIST
  • Fill out Form 1419, Part M of the form includes the Application checklist and additional requirements. 
Australian immigration updates the site once in a while so this is one of the most important steps to guide you of the recent rules and requirements. This will also give you the updated checklist which will serve as a helpful guide.



2| Gather the required documents and supporting documents. Below is the list of what we personally submitted via VFS Global. 

A. Required Documents
  • Visa Form 1419 for Visitor Visa Tourist Stream
Photocopy of the following documents:
  • Passport (Old and new, biographical & stamped pages)
  • Passport ID
  • NSO Birth Certificate
  • Government Issued ID (UMID and PRC)
Note: Australia is visa label-free so your visa will be linked to your passport electronically. No need to send the passport to the Embassy.

 B. Supporting Documents:
  • A letter stating our Purpose of Visa Application
  • Airbnb and Booking.com Profiles (Bed and Breakfast property of my Sibling)
  • Certificate Title of Property (For my brother’s house)
  • Credit Card Statement
  • Booked Airline Ticket
  • Invitation Letter from my Cousin (For the accommodation)
  • Itinerary for the 2Week Vacation



3| Prepare the VISA Application Charge
Managers Cheque addressed to AUSTRALIAN EMBASSY
Visa Fee: Php 5300/person
We visited Chinabank for the issuance of Managers Cheque.



4| SUBMIT ALL DOCUMENTS to VFS
I submitted all our documents including my family members in the VFS office together with the Managers Cheque.
VFS Application charge: Php 747/person



5| WAIT FOR THE VISA NOTIFICATION
  • Visa approval usually takes 30days.
  • We opted for an email notification instead of collecting the hard copy document in VFS, so there’s no need for us to go back to the office.
  • Make sure to include a valid email address as you fill out the form for the option of receiving your Visa notification.

Visa Grant in 6 days




6| CHECK VEVO Online for the VISA DETAILS
You can also download VEVO in the App Store for easy access via your mobile.



_______________ 

For this Visitor Visa application, there are two important considerations deemed crucial, in my own opinion:


  • to prove that we have enough funds and
  • to support that we are going back to our home country

As we prepared for our Visa application I have read meticulously the immigration requirements. Please take note again that Australian immigration site updates the procedures once in a while so make sure to have a review.


I wanted to make sure that we are able to comply with the necessary requirements since we have already purchased our tickets taking advantage of a promotional airfare.

NOTE: Travel Tickets are not required in the visa application and don't guarantee an approval, it is your own decision to do it ahead. 



Before submission I decided to visit VFS office just to inquire how I should go about with our application and they answered all my questions saying all we need to do is just follow the checklist and that I can submit as much needed documents even if it's not on the list which we think would support our application.

I was also advised that I can do the submission on behalf of my family members since the Embassy doesn't do interviews. It will be a case to case basis depending on once circumstance if the immigration officer requires the need for verification with your submitted documents.


_________________


VFS Global
VFS Global Services Philippines Private Inc., 
9th Floor, Keppel Center, Unit 905, Samar Loop
cor. Cardinal Rosales Avenue, 
Cebu Business Park, Cebu City 6000

VFS is not an agency but a visa assistance center so they really don’t do any consultation but upon submission, they get to review each of our documents and checked for important details especially for missing information which we have overlooked to fill out. Thanks to VFS Global!








Comments

  1. Hello ,you blog is very very nice ..thanks for the information …if you want to know about Australia visa just check with
    online tourist visa application for Australia
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mumbai MARA AGENT, MARA AGENT MUMBAI, Borivali West immigration Agent, Borivali West Australian PR, Borivali West Australian Visa, Migration Agent Borivali west, Migration Agent Near Me, Borivali West Education Agent
    https://equiborder.com/india

    ReplyDelete
  3. good info.i am trying to get visa soon,this info is perfect for me.thanks!!! Sakit.info

    ReplyDelete


  4. Very nice and Valauble Information. To Get more information about Visa, Please visit us on Tourist Visa Australia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work ! I am planning to travel but I was confused about flight bookings, your post gave me an amazing idea to explore for Tourist Visa Australia . Nice post, keep posting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment