Argao Balay sa Agta Cave and Bugasok Falls









Argao has undoubtedly progressed over the past years in the presence of popular "in-demand" schools and university, with small scale business enterprises arising. Taking into account a growing population and partnered with the creative efforts of it's Local government unit (LGU). 

This used to be quiet town is now presently considered as a 4th class municipality, a must visit in your list when you reached south side of Cebu



I grew up here and being a native from this place I can say out loud it's one ideal place for anyone to discover and to take pleasure away from the crowded city. I have always been consistently proud of my hometown. For this piece allow me to share to you one experience, a great sighting that I believed traveller's should include in their bucket list!


_____________________________________________________________




ARGAO BALAY SA AGTA
I had been hearing a lot of enthusiasts talking about this recent discovery in the mountains of Argao. A good friend based in the city have asked me if trekking sooner can be realize safely for our group asking about directions going there, how does it look like and if it's officially open to the public. 


This  pushed my curiosity  and definitely prompted me to convince myself that I should trek sooner and conquer that fear.

It was in summer of 2010 and we made this happened. Organized by my cousin and her husband “Kuya Ray” along with their family and students from DBTC, we approached Tourism office of Argao and conquered this trail for the well-known “Agta Cave”. 

There were around 20 of us in this group accompanied with 3 helpful guides who served as the head and tail and the middle man for this caving trail. 


Stories from old folks have speculated that this use to be a safe haven where “mangaw” the headship of Famous Mt. Lantoy in Argao llive decades ago. It made me wonder more how can it be so huge and what is in store for us as we pursue this summer adventure. 

It was a serene experience to be following this natures haven path with the calm current of rivers allowing us a safer trek in a perfect sunny atmosphere. It was my first ever trip uphill and I am totally in awed to have seen the real beauty of Argao's nature reserve and how it has been preserved in this secluded part of my dearly loved hometown until today.


A perfect Sunny day to trek with these people.


My nephew, trying to pass on the log rolls on our way trekking.

This caving day took us around a 2 hour trail from the starting point in Barangay Usmad Argao, a fun challengining experience for us passing all the narrow paths and rocky hills. My cousin and her husband opted to stay down the river not joining us proceeding the mouth of the cave as they were bringing with them their two kids.  

To this point we knew we have come nearer and I can still remember that little tension in me knowing from our guides that we are almost close to the main entrance of the cave.


Going to mouth of the cave, make sure to hold on to your ropes
Going inside the cave requires an absolute mastery and well managed crossing. Our tourist guides were well equipped with the necessary gadgets so we can cross safely and securely. This is a steep cliff and good enough for one person to walk along, so we had to que holding on to ropes and patiently wait for our turn. It was super thrilling but full of excitement as we knew something more exciting awaits inside for us all!

Who's next in line?

Everyone at the Entrance and we're all set for the "Balay sa Agta Cave".






I strongly recommend for anyone who plans to be here to make it sure that you contact our tourism office for further instructions as well as suitable directions in reaching this lovely destination safely.

The BEAUTY INSIDE awaits for you to discover.
ENJOY CAVING!
ARGAO BALAY SA AGTA 2010 Adventure




HAPPY CAVING!

Make sure to stopover here, in this Alligator formed stone. Our guides were inviting enough to ask us for this Photo Op and took the shot. Thanks Kuya Eryong.







BUGASOK FALLS at a Glance
On our way trekking, we stopped by in this area to have a glance at the beauty of Bugasok Falls, and took pictures for souvenir before we continue our caving expedition.


With my cousins Ate Mikay from DBTC and my other cousin Janice




Argao Bugasok Falls





ARGAO TOURISM OFFICE
Tourism Officer: Joy Sarmago
Landline#: 032 - 485 - 8063
Mobile#: +63-928-554-9525



_____________________________________________________________________________

Credits to J. Montejo for capturing all these lovely photographs. I just did a little editing on the colors, of my preference.



Comments

Post a Comment