Argao Highlands Endurance Trail Run



Trail running has been popularly organized by different towns and cities all over the Philippines nowadays, a deviation to the typical fun run events held in the city along main roads. Undeniably it is more challenging and you will be more inquisitive as to the path that you will be trailing up to the finish line.



For the year 2014, the municipality of Argao from the south side of Cebu has once again organized the trail running event popularly known as 
Argao Highlands Endurance Trail Run.
_____________________________________________________________________

This event invites both locals from the town as well as runners from the city. 

Participants have shown an increase over the years and it has motivated more marathoners to flock to the province and partake in this one challenging trail.

All runners were gathered at the CTU Grounds which was the starting point located in the town proper of Argao and the trail ends all the way to one of the farthest barangay in Linut-od at Coal Mountain Resort. 

The organizers have consistently made it more complex every year making improvements with the route mainly in the uphill area in which you will have to 
conquer all narrow trails, rocky paths, passing on big log rolls and adding on to that is the highlight of the main event -  The 21 river trails.






                                     


                                                   

Around the 12th kilometer distance, I had my first Sprain injury and I remember I had to bear the pain without any first aid available. 

What's worst is the lack of water with most hydration stations unable to provide us even glass and I only had a few drops of my energy drink left. 

Good thing my running buddies Yenyen and Gladys assisted me this time and I just needed to be in control, stretching my left leg to alleviate the pain. 

As I reached 20 kilometers I had to do it all by myself as my buddies have run ahead. The pain was almost unbearable but I thought I want to finish it strong, my 
greatest struggle was to be mindful of each step and to avoid cramps again.

I am truly grateful to those fellow runners I have passed along who have to lend me a helping hand as I had to conquer more steep trails, indeed a gentleman. 


What adds up to my motivation is the perseverance to finish it all the way as I cannot give up on this fight having seen the beauty of the path that we're trekking in a perfect sunny Sunday trail.


The experience made us all in awed and pleased to every river crossing, to each step on those big rocks and steep trails with lots of greens and flowers until we were able to see from afar that the finish line has come nearer.
 









Still, I am trailing for SMILES while in Pain!
  
We all anticipated for an amusing ending as we finally reached Coal mountain resort, remembering that nerve-racking experience as we had to pass the mini coal mine path, welcomed by the sunlight that led us to the ending of the running trail. 


Reminiscing that fulfilling finish!



We would like to extend our appreciation to all those who have assisted us in finishing this trail. 

The Argaowanon locals serving snacks,
Those who were holding the distance mark to make sure we won't get lost, 
Those who have lent a helping hand during those challenging rocky trails and,
All the Argaowanon spectators who have consistently shown their support and their genuine smiles uplifting us while we kept on asking "kuya hapit na?" or "dong mga pila nlng ka kilometers?" c',)
  

        Us and our Finishers shirt and medal
at the Coal Mountain Resort
This is my 2nd Half Mary Run, the 1st was just this January 2014 having participated in the Cebu Marathon. 

We are fortunate enough to have joined this year's Argao running event though not that much preparation but with a big heart both to support my hometown's advocacy on tourism and a healthy living lifestyle. 

A big challenge for ourselves making a big leap in our running stints. 

We have finally completed our 2nd Half Marathon in a Trail Run.  

Kudos to the organizing committee, with the Events brainchild  the owner of the Coal Mountain resort also an avid sports enthusiast himself Doctor Stanley Caminero  who happens to be the incumbent Vice Mayor of the municipality. Along with him are the professors and instructors of Cebu Technological University spearheading the working team for this one successful running event. 

Till the next Trail, and we long to join again!









Comments