SINGAPORE


In the past years, I can remember how much I have longed to go out of the country. I believed right after graduation the majority of my colleagues were looking forward to that opportunity traveling abroad either for work or for leisure intentions. 

I must say I lack the effort and persistence in making it happen. I had a job but I didn’t plan for it nor did I save for just one trip for a start. Not until I reached my late 20’s and I realized I have been missing so much of what life has to offer beyond the 4 walls of the office, my workplace, and my apartment. 

Nothing is more fulfilling than to plan for a travel goal in mind and making it realized with hard work and crucial savings preparation.


There were initial plans back then but it didn’t materialize due to work demands and obligations and also financial constraints. 

Not until I decided to quit from my 2 year job working for a corporate company. With just a minimal savings on hand I have booked my plane ticket a month ahead and a week after my resignation I made my first international trip to SINGAPORE.
______________________________________________


Singapore reminds us of that depressing event for Filipino Community back in the ’90s, but for majority of the Filipinos at present it became a memory that added strength to our faith to be optimistic in life. 

My cousins and siblings have lived for years in this country working in their respective careers, humility aside. And that adds up to my desire to pursue this visit, hearing positive stories from their experiences and with an increasing number of Philos flying to SG in the hope of landing a job for a better future ahead.

As I set foot in the City of Lions, I can always recall how I was consistently mesmerized by its beauty upon arriving at the airport and traveling on the road to my sibling’s home. I believed I have overreacted on each detail, that I noticed so many things that are too different from what I have been accustomed back in my home country. 

Singapore is an epitome of a modernized evolution of perfect landscapes, well-controlled efficient means of transportation, creative infrastructures; say environmentally friendly urban city and I wanted to highlight a safe and secured organized country.

They said its almost zero crime rates here, how can they possibly do that!

I was just thankful I didn’t have a hard time with immigration in Cebu because I have been hearing some friends whom they know encountered difficulties in exiting the Philippines and some have been denied. It was a big sigh of relief for me.


WELCOME TO SINGAPORE! 
  


                                                                           
So from a week-long plan of vacation I have all the reasons to extend my stay in this lovely city as I have been persuaded by my family to do so, and I took advantage of the opportunity.




I will be writing more short stories for each of my experiences and the events I have attended during my 29 days of holiday on my 29th year of a cheerful life. I’m thankful to have my generous siblings to have me around  for a free place to stay and cousins for all the treats. 






__________________________________________________________________
RELATED LINKS:




Comments