Oslob Day Tour


OSLOB Day Tour 2016 




Just in time for summer in the Philippines I got to spend another perfect holiday exploring one of the very popular tourist site in Cebu Province.

For this year I had the chance of visiting this favorite destination with the people closest to my heart - my family. Traveling with them brings a bunch of happiness and bonding time together and I will always be grateful.


From being a very silent town, Oslob is now considered as one of the must visit site in the south for both locals and international tourists. 

It was 5 years ago that I had the first glimpsed and to my admiration I said I will never hesitate to be back if I will get an invite.  

Since then tourist in flock has tripled and a lot of establishments have been put up that has benefited from this sighting with too many excited crowds queuing, waiting for their assigned boats for whaleshark watching. 


I am very much fortunate to be able to visit them once more and I can still see that they are well taken cared by the locals of the Municipality of Oslob

Till today they are being fed by fishermen that drives these mammals to a certain area in the sea around 25 meters deep and this is where all boats lined up, get closer with the gentle giants. 

If you don't know how to swim, then no worries! Just like me you can either stay in the boat or wear a life jacket. For others diving and snorkeling with these creatures are still allowed and you will surely be fascinated how huge they are! So don't miss the chance whilst they still enjoy seeing humans around in their territory. 








Some people are against the way how these mammals are being taken cared. But I believed for as long as the local government is compliant with the necessary environmental requirements and continue to bring out the utmost care for these sea wonders most significantly then it should be acceptable. 


Well it’s promoting our local tourism and I am one happy visitor to meet these gentle giants again!  


PLACES WE VISITED: 
  • Oslob Whalesharks 
  • Plaza Firetree
  • Oslob Church
  • Oslob The Ruins 
  • Sidetripping Samboan Falls




1|  Oslob Whaleshark Watching


















2|  CUARTEL






3|  OSLOB CHURCH OF IMMACULATE CONCEPTION
Me and my cousins once visited the church day before the parish got on fire last 2008, it was one unforgettable trip. But it has now been restored, stands as beautiful and historic as it was before. 








4| BAYWALK AND THE FIRETREES 








5| SIDE TRIP to "AGUINID FALLS" in SAMBOAN
Chase the 5 level waterfalls in this quiet barangay in Samboan. Since this has different tiers, it meant difficulty going further. My parents and and my aunties opted to stay in level 1 instead and enjoyed this natures treasure.

From the receiving area, nipa huts are lined up for rentals. We decided to occupy one and had a sumptuous lunch in which we bought ahead dropping by Oslob Market. 

Entrance Fee: Php 20.00 












_________________________________

This has been a delightful tour spent with my family. We decided to skip the famous "Tumalog Falls" taking note of the roadway and more importantly for safety reasons as I am travelling with my Parents and Aunts. 

Nevertheless, it was a lovely day for everyone and in just one whole day we have explored famous sightings in  the town of Oslob, bonded over quality time.

Comments