Standard Chartered Marathon 2015








STANDARD CHARTERED MARATHON


SCMS is considered to be one of the largest marathons in the country. The event is highly anticipated every year in Singapore with the participation of elite runner’s local and international categories and this year with more than 10,000 runners registered showing off in the city center. 
  • Early registration starts the 2nd quarter of the year, at discounted rates.
  • Check their Site: SINGAPORE MARATHON
  • The event usually is held every 1st Sunday of December
  • Freebies: Singlet, Finishers Medal, Banana, Hydration Drink. Pain Killer ointments are usually given along the running trails for everyone with a number of hydration stations per 3 kilometers.



Singapore
 is one country in Asia that promotes a healthy lifestyle. Despite the evident fast pace life in this lively city, residents most especially locals give emphasis on work-life balance and exercise. 


As I stayed in the country for vacation, I have witnessed how they adopt it as part of their daily routine. Even at a young age my nephew and niece are engaged in sports activities as implemented from their respective schools. It is truly a commendable effort from the institution to instill the importance of fitness, pushing oneself to their limits and capabilities.




Being Fit and Healthy has been one of our goals this year. With my cousins who are already into triathlon, it became an inspiration to us siblings to pursue our own fitness regimen may it be into swimming, biking, or running.

We have planned for this, and by the month of August, my sister registered us all joining the 2015 Standard Chartered Marathon in Singapore for Half Mary Distance. 




This is very much memorable as this is the first time that me and my siblings will be running a Half Marathon (21 KM) in an international event. Undeniably it will be a challenge for me as I know I will have the slowest pace among the 4 of us. 



But honestly, I didn’t bother accepting such fact because what's important will be the experience and the company in fulfilling this dream, another mark off in my wishlist!




Race Kit Claiming




Back in 2014 with my closest friends, we aimed to join an international run in Cambodia and we had to back out the last minute due to important considerations with our Backpacking plans. This occasion is just the right chance to make it happen for my first International Half Mary Run in the Lion City!




It was also 4 years ago, that I had a surprising High Blood Pressure. Acceptance was definitely hard the fact that I am still 29 back then, too young to be in such a state.


I feared for my health and I felt the need for a change of my sedentary lifestyle. I thought I needed to be serious with this early finding. That was the exact timing my sister encouraged me to run, providing me essential sports gear and most importantly her Adidas Rubber Shoes.





Well, there goes my personal story – and to this writing I still aim for more, to engage in fun runs, challenging myself with solo runs in my hometown in Cebu and to keep pushing myself for more half Mary’s here in the Philippines and International Races!

I hope to accomplish it by then…..42 KM will be my ultimate goal and I will prepare for it breathless and with lots of patience :-) 
My brothers - pick up in the Airport

Comments