Bangkok Thailand and Vientiane Laos Itinerary


Bangkok Thailand and Vientiane Laos
TRAVEL GUIDE
2015 


I have mastered that feeling of long waiting time thus testing my patience. At the back of my mind I know I have a purpose and I look forward to the day that I am able to backpack again longer than I wanted it and embrace that freedom.

Momentarily I continue to accept such big opportunity of short backpacking trails over my finances, time and work.


_______


The Patouxy Monument_Trailforsmiles.blogspot.com


It took me 6 months for this one anticipated trip, a long time plan that I wanted to spend my 31st somewhere specifically overseas. Grateful for this chance granted by the company that I work for, this is another week-long trail for me to cherish.

I made this realized with the companionship of my travel mate yen who took care of our bookings via Cebu Pacific Air for a Manila to Bangkok Flight back and forth.

Initially, I planned to visit some other cities in Laos but our travel timeline restricted us as we needed to be back in Bangkok for our flight going to the Philippines.


A Sunrise View on Train Ride to Nong Khai _trailforsmiles.blogspot.com


Thanaleng Station _trailforsmiles.blogspot.com

___________________________


  This vacation break has been an unforgettable experience for me as I had my first train ride, another border crossing journey worth remembering being in two places on the exact day of my birthday - leading me to discover another beautiful city, that is Vientiane.

Read more: How to Cross the border between Bangkok Thailand and Vientiane Laos via Train 69


We reached Laos via Thailand with both plane and train rides combined, a total of 48 hrs traveling time and I never complained about it for all I knew is that I am blessed again with this travel dream coming true.

Revisiting Bangkok and having left the country 2 days before 2015 bombing incident was a sad incident to recall. 
But I am very much grateful to the local Thai people for always putting that genuine smile on their faces as 
I explored the city once again.
Thailand is undeniably authentic in its unique customs. 

___________________________


Vientiane City _trailforsmiles.blogspot.com



Vientiane Laos was a surprising destination for me and I can never imagine this city as laid back as it was bringing in that most relaxing atmosphere and with all the easy access for anything you need on a special holiday. 

Once I stepped foot I exaggeratedly said out loud “I love this place!” with Yen shrugging me off, saying it was too early to tell.

I guessed I have that special instinct when I mean it so genuine that it is truly a special place to enjoy and to discern. 

Coming here gives you another perfect view of the Mekong River from the humble city of the Laotian territory.


Read more about Vientiane LAOS Travel Guide.



Sunset in Mekong River Vientiane Laos_Trailforsmiles.blogspot.com

Walking around is safely possible and I should emphasize that this is the safest city I have visited in my life.

We have walked a few kilometers around the area to find our hotel and this allowed us a glimpsed of their French-inspired buildings and restaurants and get delighted with the feast of its oriental street foods.

Touring around the city center and renting bicycles will be an engaging option with most tourist places free of entrance, an inexpensive treat for us to partake.

Wat Trimitr _trailforsmiles.blogspot.com


__________________________



Bangkok Thailand 
was our gateway going to Vientiane where I had my first ever overnight sleeper train journey crossing borders between distinct beautiful countries.


Bangkok Railway Station_trailforsmiles.blogspot.com



The city remains to be eventful with the month of August becoming much intense boosting its tourism industry - triple the crowd as I have observed last year in December when I visited it the first time.

I came back to some known tourist spots and temples to accompany my mate and explore more of street food, we can't get enough of Pad Thai for this holiday.


This vacation is another slow backpacking trail for me, so I decided to roam around the city purposely Chinatown Area which allowed me to meet and greet locals and experiment on my street photography enthusiasm.


__________________________


We spent a total of 8 Days 7 Nights exploring the main cities of Thailand and Laos including plane and train trips.

This I consider an introductory to my solitary travel plan. That instant when I indirectly told my parents that I will be away for my natal day put some silence on them. 

I know how emotional my father can get when we miss all these special occasions which I find a sweet gesture.

But I am much blessed that they have understood my purpose and gave me independence and full trust being able to travel again out of the country.
__________________________



Tha Tien Pier_trailforsmiles.blogspot.com



TRAVEL TIMELINE
Day 1
  • 8:00 AM Flight from Cebu to Manila
  • At 9:30 we have arrived safely in Manila airport. Decided to just stay inside whole time here instead of going out and finding a place to stay since we have an early flight to Bangkok the following day.
  • Money Exchange in Manila Airport 
    • PESO ----- DOLLARS
  • Terminal 3 has recently opened its new wing "The Wings Transit Lounge" fronting Mc Donalds. This caters to travelers who needed a place to stay and or take some quick rest and shower within the airport vicinity. 
Day 2

Day 3
  • 7:30 AM Arrival in Nong Khai Station and Immigration Checking
  • 9:00 AM Train Ride from Nong Khai station to Thanaleng Station Immigration Checking
  • 9:30AM Van Ride from Thanaleng to City Center in Vientiane Laos
  • Walked around the city center to figure out our hostel
  • Money Exchange
    • DOLLARS ----- KIP
  • Checked in at Vientiane Star Hotel at 11:00 AM 

AFTERNOON

  • Buddha Park Visit after lunch
  • Night Market by the Mekong Bay Area and Sunset viewing
  • Birthday Surprise in my Hotel c/o the staff and the owner
  • Night Walk Along the Bay Area

Patouxy _trailforsmiles.blogspot.com

Day 4
  • Sunrise Viewing
  • City Center Walking
  • Morning Market
  • Wat Sisaket
  • Patouxy 
  • The Great Stupa
Day 5
  • Le Banneton - French Bakery
  • 11:00 AM Departed City Center Exiting Thanaleng
  • 1:30 PM Arrival Back in Nong Khai Station
  • 7:10 PM Train Ride from Nong Khai to Hua Lamphong Station Bangkok
Day 6
  • 6:30 AM Arrival in Hua Lamphong Station
  • Check in at Loftel22 Hostel at 1:00 PM
  • MBK Mall 
  • REST and REST and REST
Day 7
  • Catholic Church Visit
  • Chao Praya River Crossing
  • Wat Pho and the Reclining Buddha 
  • Chinatown City Walk
Day 8
  • Bangkok to Manila Flight
  • Manila to Cebu





Comments