Ho Chi Min City Photo Blog


Never did I imagine I’d have the freedom taking pictures while walking along the main streets. I remember that bizarre feeling, more of contentment that I am able to do it so fulfilled as I just often see it in magazines and TV.


_____

I have collected the once I consider happy shots while visiting Ho Chi Min City, last year with my closest childhood friends and this year 2015 with my family.

Never did I imagine I’d have the freedom taking pictures while walking along the main streets. I remember that bizarre feeling, more of contentment that I am able to do it so fulfilled as I just often see it in magazines and TV.

I bought my first Nikon DSLR last year and my first few shots were taken in Saigon City. Challange has always been in me and I know there’s so much more to gain knowledge especially on the technical side of its usage as I continue to do research and read more articles following experienced photographers and making them as my inspiration.
_____

Nevertheless as an amateur, I long to make use of this special gift in a more creative and meaningful way, for scenes and experiences I may not express well in writing but hopefully aiming to capture it thru a hungry heart, optimistic mind and inspired eyes. 


More shutter clicks occupying more spaces in my memory card, to never be tired of learning and to improve and polish that love of photography in my heart.

The following are my captured photographs that will always bring back the memorable experience, once visited the lovely country of Vietnam

_____

1|

On the 2nd Floor of the Presidents palace while I was with my aunt who needed to rest for awhile, I had the chance to get this shot - a perfect view of the City and the geenscapes made it more lovely.



2|
Only in Vietnam you get to see  these master drivers, loaded with different stuff in their motorcycles and balancing everything while on a max speed driving along the busy streets of Ho Chi Min City. 


3|







4|


Hardworking locals  sells variety of goods. Roaming around the city unaffected by blazing heat of the sun and wearing all protection from head to toe.



5|





6|




7|





8|


I remember this happy shot taken during an early morning walk in the City while we were looking for a money exchange counter. I have had a few photographs capturing how locals start their day with a glass of coffee and tea, preparing another busy day along the streets.






9|



10|




11|





12|

While waiting for our hostel to accommodate us, we rested on a public park along Le Lai Street around 7:00am. We had the most refreshing morning on our 1st day of backpacking Indochina with Vietnam as our 1st stop for 11 days of trail.   




13|




14|
 The busy road of Pham Ngu Lao......................






15|




16|
Lighted incense coils and sticks at Thien Hau Pagoda during our City Tour back in 2014.




17|





18|






19|

 At Suoi Tien Park, I had the chance to capture this moment of buddhist monks roaming around and holding hands.  




20|
Buddhist Monks never shy away from my camera, they saw me positioning while waiting for them to pass by and got this one! 





21|

A wedding photo op outside Notre Dame Cathedral. Mostly actual wedding rites take place in their common household and they come by the church for the photo sessions. 




22|
 A happy jump shot of my brother for his first international travel while visiting the presidents palace. 




23|






24|

Me and the yellow tree at my cousins place in Ho Chi Min City. 
I love this view a lot that it reminds me of
 my happy travels and do more of it looking forward for more meaningful photos to take.



Comments

  1. Great photos! I loved HCM when I went...though not so much the traffic.
    I recently wrote a blog post on my top five things to see in Vietnam - let me know if you agree!
    http://roamingsheen.com/asia/vietnam-top-five/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheen, I just read it seems an interesting list for me to visit soon :-) I was only in Ho Chi Min for my 2 short vacation in VNM and I long to visit those you have mentioned. Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment