Vietnamese Authentic Coffee




Coffee has undeniably been considered an antioxidant, apart from the fact that it pumps up your adrenaline for an active life at work.


I have always over drunk myself with caffeine for the past years, it’s a necessity every day for my body intake other than vitamins and supplements.

Many said it is just psychological, but hey, it really works for me. It’s my daily dose of energy.

And to have tasted the most authentic discovery is considered to be supreme happiness.

I can still remember my kopi longings during my holiday in Singapore and I missed it a lot. 


A good friend reminded us that we should not miss the coffee experience once we get to Vietnam and so we made it sure to accomplish it for our Indochina escapade. This has been one of our main goals to partake as we stepped foot in this lovely city.






Vietnam is considered to be one of the chief producers of coffee beans in the world. It continues to amaze us till now that locals drink it every day including their tea habit like their chill time moments. 

Among the countries I have visited, this is the only place I have witnessed that sidewalks are considered to be a graceful place for relaxation of its locality from all walks of life. It is deemed to be the universal drink for everyone at any time of the day.





We started our Indochina backpacking arriving in Vietnam, early morning on a Sunday. Our taxi cab dropped us off in Le lai street coming from the airport. We were looking for our hotel when a woman approached us and we met Auntie Lao who guided us along with our hotel accommodation. It was a great pleasure to have made friends with locals from the country


We were very thankful, though she was having a hard time communicating to us, still, we felt her sincerity to help so we promised that we will be back to sit down in her miniature sidewalk store.

_______________

For our 3 days stay in Saigon, we kept on ordering coffee from her stand, day and night I think. 

On the 3rd day of our backpacking trip, my last authentic caffeine serving was a take away that we bought around 6:30AM as we departed going to Siem Reap.


HOW THEY MADE IT? 

AUNTIE said it’s a TOP SECRET



She also serves soy milk and teas, served hot and cold





















We visited her on our 1st day in Saigon, and we were entertained sincerely by Auntie and her daughter. 

I can still remember the smiles she had shown, her way of communicating to us as she shared a bar of chocolates and some potatoes to pair with our coffee. What a Treat!

Until we meet again auntie C”,)








Comments