The 1961 Coworking and Art Space


The interiors and the ambiance captivated me when I got inside this artistically designed space.

____________________________________________________


After I have discovered this cafe being featured from Marcos’s Site (ambot-ah.com) back in 2012 I told myself I got to be here. 

I remember browsing it thru my desk and I envied him a lot being there and discovering it by himself.

Two years have passed, and I am thankful that they have still opened its gates to the public, to its avid followers including me during our Indochina holiday last December 2014.

I have initially sent them an email to ask permission for our visit since I was worried it may not be open to anyone. And I happen to have read from their website that they now hold weekly events so that gave me some hesitation. 






Thanks to "Phil" from the The 1961 team for a welcoming reply, reassuring us that we can drop by anytime.

I told my cousins I will be spending some time here whether or not they will join  me  c”,). 
It’s my cup of tea. 

Thanks to Kristine aka "Tingting who accompanied me in finding this place with our bicycles and bearing with my non-stop talks and adoration with the place, well it’s not the typical favourite hangout.

When we arrived, I noticed a lot has changed including the services, the structure, and arrangement as I use to view it from Marcos’s page before. 

It used to be a restaurant serving Khmer dishes everyday with artistically designed rooms for rent. Now they have reinvented it dedicated to art enthusiast and for those requiring space for work related activities offering high speed internet.









Everything inside it, how each area and stuff were arranged pleases my eyes. It’s like a dream house and a dream cafe set up for me.  















I wonder what will it be like the next time I comeback another reinvention, truly Siem Reaps
product of creativity and constructive transformation.

This is our 4th day in Cambodia and I am very much grateful that I have made it realized before going home.  This completes my Siem Reap Holiday and I can't wait to be back here !

Someday….



__________________________________________________



The 1961: Coworking and Art Space
Visit their Main Site: http://the1961.com/
Address: Upper West Side, Slarkram Commune, River Rd, Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia
Phone:+855 15 378 088
Hours: 7:00 am – 10:00 pm 
*Go to the Riverside and you will find them in the left side of the road


HOW TO GET HERE?
Rent a Bicycle or Ride a TukTok or if you have a rented car or get a Taxi.
It took us almost an hour to reach the place with our bicycles.
A story of our Detoured Bike Riding experience here: BIKE RIDING in Siem Reap


SERVICES and AMENITIES
Private Pods
Art gallery
Event Spaces 
High Speed Internet
DRINKS / Soda and Cocktails / Coffee and Tea / Wine and Beer /
Coffee Shop
Fresh Pastries and bread


Soft Opening RATES
Varied rates are posted in their wall board dependent on the duration of your usage or how often you will be visiting the space.

$10 – Day pass    
$25 – 5 day pass (valid for 1 week)
$50 – 7 day pass (valid for 2 weeks)
$140 – 1 month

Checkout http://the1961.com/ for updated rates (includes longer duration) or send them an email for any inquries and reservations.


_________________________________________________________



GALLERY



 
























  






Comments

  1. Wow! So much has changed with The1961 yet it still manages to retain its distinct creative character. Great photos Anthea, now you're the one making me want to come back to Siem Reap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marcos!

    What a surprised and I actually left you a message earlier coz I just found that page I initially commented last year. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your itinerary to us..

    ...ahmmm yes welcome to my amateur page c", ) I have not shared this to anyone yet - everything is new to me here and I am still contemplating if I am doing the right thing .....

    but really thank you for visiting, and your postings will serve as an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the cool feature!

    We're glad you enjoyed your time at 1961 and hope to see you again here soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi "The spool artist", Thank you for dropping by. We surely enjoyed our stay and it's always fulfilling to reminisce such experience. We long to be back soon. All the best to you and THE 1961!

      Delete

Post a Comment