Cambodia Culture and Charm




Freedom, Holiday, Escapade and Abundance of Happiness are some of my reflective descriptions reminiscing what we felt upon arriving in this laid back country. In my younger years I had been visioning about it and till today I am still overwhelmed, well not in my dreams anymore as I have made it happen. 

Yes! Thank God I have been to Siem Reap at last!


Cambodia, a Charming Glance
Our holiday in SR was one of my most memorable travel experience by far. 

We didn’t do so much touristy activities at all over the 5 days stay but we have all been enriched by the modesty that we have sense in this laid back town. 


Everything is so rewarding for a desperate traveler like me. In high spirits I can’t stop myself from bragging that I have experienced all these without any worries to think but just a perfect bliss, truly treasured in my memories.


_________________________________________________________________



What more should I ask, than to have cherished the moments of  a Sunrise Surprise,
Excitedly waking up for morning cheers with unlimited drinks of coffee and tea and to have tasted the happiest breakfast in our guesthouse in bou savy,
A memorable little risky bike riding over the main city 
saying hello to locals who stares at us momentarily maybe worried at our driving skills,
Having a can of beer at night over the bright full moon and starry skies,
and walking along the streets unworried in the evenings,
To have toured around the majestic temples like the happiest kid
bringing you back in the old ancient times,
and To have taken photographs as pleasurable as it was for my soul and my eyes.

_________________________________________________________________



PEOPLE




People from Cambodia are majority friendly and helpful, the public drivers and locals by the sidewalk had been very hospitable and cheerful as we have gotten out of the town. 

We have spoken to a few locals and it is a touching story to have heard from them how they live life as challenging but with great pride and passion. 



Once they recognize us as Filipinos, majority have straight forwardly shared in all big smiles that they are a big fan of “Paquiao”. That gave us all the big smiles and who can’t be proud of that? 


One night we had a talk with “Sochea” a server from our guesthouse sharing to us about their history and has straightforwardly shared that their country is less developed than ours, this he meant that the Philippines is more progressive and rich than Cambodia”. This was a very humbling chat we heard from a  Local. Cambodian Country is truly rich in culture and in soul, the true essence of worlds treasures.




FOOD
Food is anywhere in Siem Reap, some are affordable some are not that much. But Cambodian taste is kind of near to Phillo blend, one thing I noticed is that they don’t use much oil for majority of their dishes.



This is one destination I have discovered that exotic food are considered to be staple, cooked everyday along the sidewalks with fried beetles, cockroaches etc. ( My cousin is pregnant so we had to control ourselves ).

 missed it, I know should have I tried at least c",) SR's Banana Pancakes are a  must try too!










BIKE RIDES and TUKTOK
Any locals in Siem Reap bikes around the town.

I love how they have preserved this opportunity allowing people to roam around freely anytime. 


It is considered to be the main mode of transportation together with “tuktuk” for majority of the locals. 


Bike rides are a fun ride for tourist and first time travellers like us. We didn’t let it pass and have rented bicycles from our guest house at $1 for the whole day.


See more story: Bike Riding in Siem Reap







TEMPLES
Majestic and Gigantic are still an understatement when you get to visit their temples, say countless of them. 

We have visited the ones near the town area and there are still a lot for us to discover for our return trip soon.


Up to this date I still wonder how on earth these sites have built.  













NATURAL RESOURCES
Animals roam around including monkeys and elephants welcomes you as you arrive in the famous Angkor Wat Temple. 

I think they are now getting used to tourist visiting them. So they don’t play around but just pose anywhere at some temple sites while on a resting mode. Luckily I got a good shot!







All over the town trees have been sprawling around. When you get to enter the temple sites you will be astounded seeing how huge and lively the trees are standing still.








In a dry and wet climate in Asia, a mud and clay type of soil comprises the land mass of Cambodia I presume it’s a good kind of soil to grow plants more.






TOURISM


The country’s tourism sector has been booming with the non stop visits of foreigners to witness all cultural evidences of the Cambodian Society. 

I wonder if there’s any rest day for these people.

I wanted to extend my high regard to the Cambodian government and locality for preserving all these heritage sites, together with an organized and efficient promotion and execution as we never had problems while we stayed in the country completing our holiday. 

I believed tourist players have worked hand in hand with the government and this is very commendable for the country, surely to boost more the economy.



Comments