Lapu-Lapu Island Hopping





I grew up being distant to the beauty of the ocean as a regular kid usually begs and cries for. My parents have always stressed restriction and were that conservative with beach outing. 

Fearful for untoward incidents or maybe both of them were just too busy to fulfill it or simply because they too weren't born to appreciate the blue waters. 

Worst is up until this age of mine swimming is a frustration “chuckles”. C’,)

So you can just imagine the happiness I felt as I have conquered my fear in navigating the seas. 

This island hopping tour has eliminated that apprehension and the best part is it opened my eyes to appreciate the splendor of the beach not worrying of getting drowned or maybe any capsizing scenes we see in movies.  


It was an ideal summer getaway as I 've had my 1st Island hopping experience back in summer of 2010. With me in this Island trailing are my family  and some students from DBTC.








We finally came up with it though half of my cousins aren’t present but it was one of the best captured moments.  Thanks to Kuya Ray again for organizing this! 

For a more comfortable and cosy Island Day tour, we rented a boat big enough to accommodate everyone as we were also bringing kids.


This was the start of my fascination with beaches and I keep longing for more though until now I am still no swimmer but my delight is genuine – immeasurable of any other worldly material pleasures.








Island hopping tour has long been promoted by Lapu Lapu. 

Countless groups and agencies are now offering tours to accommodate the vast increasing tourist both locals and international ones. It is one flagship to brag about talking about Cebu Tourism. Given the hospitality the “cebuanos” are known for, the good food treats in an ideal destination all in a total package that you can avail at affordable rate in one perfect island.

  • Bring extra budget - When you’re already in the nearby islands expect fisherman will be selling their freshly catch fishes, sea shells, sea urchins etc. In some islands, entrance fees are a requisite as your boat docks. Ex. Pandanon Island
  • Life Jackets – ensure this is a must have when renting your day tour boats
  • Bring Enough food  and water - as hunger is undebatable
  • Swimming goggles and other paraphernalia’s – as some boat tours charge extra for this.
  • Sun block Lotion and Sunnies
  • PLAN AHEAD - to sail on a perfect weather, do it on SUMMER


As of this writing I have already done Lapu-Lapu Island Tour for 4 times.


With Family,






With My Childhood friends and Neighbourhoods

With my Colleagues – Uni friends










Whoever I do it with; one sure thing,
 it gives me genuine happiness.
 Life is a beach indeed. 




Comments