Argao COAL Mountain Resort and Outreach Activity


I was lucky enough to have been given the opportunity to teach in a university in school year of 2010. In that same year teaching  board examination results came out around Summer and I am one of the blessed aspirants who made it. With this blessing I have considered and thought to myself I should give back what I prayed for. So after 3 years of working in Manila, I finally decided to move forward and make a big step and give teaching an attempt to satisfy what I have been working out the past year. 


____________________________________________________________________________________________


I never thought I would be in this ground and never in my childhood dreams have I imagined myself talking in the classroom making discussions with students. 

Both my parents are into the education field but none of us 4 siblings were tempted to follow, maybe my brother who had a short teaching stint in USC then unexpectedly I am the one doing it. 

I am sharing all these just to give you an opening on how I have detoured into the world of teaching.

One journey in my life that I am most thankful for is the chance to be of service to the students. Yes I should say that teachers are born not just to teach but to inspire and to be of genuine service in educating a healthy mind and soul. 


In one of my classes I had event management as the subject. It was a mutual sharing of ideas as I always tell my students that we will be learning together, given being a first time mentor. Academic freedom was given to me so I had the privileged of handling them my own approach.




I have always dreamt of organizing an outreach activity. I know I have been influenced by my past experience as a youth leader. I also thought that it’s an inexpensive way of a finale for my class instead of the usual income generating events, knowing that majority of my students are doing part time jobs and it will certainly be a challenge to gather funds for a certain affair like what other classes do including recreational activities commonly contest organization. 

So as a culmination to our event management subject my 2 classes have merged into one team and came up with a community outreach/feeding program to cater to 4 barangays in the uphill area of Argao. 


I have commended the team as I know they have worked so hard on the financial aspect scouting for sponsors to make it realized. 

Also luckily one of my students happens to be a working student for the owner of the Resort, so it gave us much assistance in having it as our venue for free. 


Thus all efforts paid off, my class got the university’s approval to hold the event out of town in Calagasan Argao, choosing Argao Coal Mountain Resort as our venue.





This welcomes everyone on our way to Coal Mountain Resort 
                                       


A view of Mt. Lantoy, with a cup of coffee on hand. Such a perfect a weekend!

   
This is owned by the hardworking family of Camineros in Argao. I am very surprised to have heard and have seen pictures before that yes a resort has been situated uphill almost 2hours away from the town proper. 

Kudos to Doctor Stanley being the brainchild of this discovery.






OUTREACH ACTIVITY




We rode this fighter” type of truck to transport my 2 classes of around 55 students and the loads we have for our supplies all for the outreach event and an overnight stay. 


The team has envisioned in mind that the goal is to share to these children in the mountains the genuine hospitability the emphasis on sharing knowing the fact that these kids seldom gets to attend parties, celebrations and other recreational activities thus they would want to bring in smiles thru creating a short fun filled program. 

At the same time for them to apply all the management principles we have been discussing all throughout the semester. 

This was my final requirement for everyone, each of them having their own responsibility from planning to organizing, leading and controlling.


I am truly grateful that it was a successful fruitful event. 


We say thank you to all our sponsors and good job to all my students for bringing it out graciously; 

I believed this occasion will always remain an unforgettable event worth it of all our efforts incomparable to any other events we have ventured. 


My Students busy preparing for the food and the program.



                             

        

They have 2 big swimming pools available.






 A perfect night of fun and inspiration with Ms Janice and
Doc Stanley of course gracing the event
for a meaningful talk with the students and
words of motivation and encouragement.
Thank you VICE for this unselfish assistance to the team.


Coal Mine Tour
                             










Comments

  1. Hi mam Jan. How are. Just browsed throuh your article and relived tbe event. Our children in the mountain still yearned for that event you have ushered. They are very grateful to all of you just as i am. God bless you all.thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Doc Stanley :-)

      Good Day!

      Thank you for dropping by and taking the time to read this post. Surely it was a memorable event for everyone. We say thank you to you for giving us that opportunity and for all the assistance.Looking forward to be back soon. God Bless you too

      Maan

      Delete

Post a Comment